This survey helps me understand the big picture of your project. Tell me as much as you’d like about your project and its requirements. You don’t have to answer every question, but the more information I have from you, the more successful the end result will be!
Download the document, fill it out, discuss your responses with all the necessary stakeholders, and then email it to hello(at)GIGIgraphics.com. Make sure to send me any additional marketing material you have that can help me understand your organization and branding.
Here is what the survey looks like:
- Name of your company or organization:
- Your Name:
- Your Email:
- Do you have a website currently? If so, what is it?
- If you do not have a website, do you know what you want your domain name to be? Have you already purchased a domain name and hosting? (Visit my post on Hosting Providers for more info on this.)
- How would you describe your company, its personality, attitude and image using adjectives (i.e. fun, professional, classic, serious, family, religious, etc)
- Please describe your organization in a few sentences. In other words: what’s your elevator speech?
- What is your company’s objective or mission statement?
- Describe your services and/or products, and the benefit to the customer
- What is there about you and your background that sets you apart for a special (niche) group of potential customers?
- What is the purpose of this website (e.g. sales, leads, informational, etc)? Stated another way, what do you want to get out of this site.
- Are there any special features or extras you’d like to include on the site? (Examples: customer forms, photo slideshows, etc)
- Would you like to sell products and receive payments on the site?
- What do you NOT want on your site in terms of text, content, etc.?
- If you were using a search engine, what words or phrases would you use to find your site? Which of these words or phrases is most important? Second? Third?
- Do you have a budget range for the project?
About your Users / Customers
- What do you want your users/customers to get out of the site?
- What is the primary demographic that will be using your site, the center of your target?
- Describe the impression you want your site to make on visitors
- How do you differentiate your company/organization? What is its competitive advantage?
- List 5 other websites that you like. What do you like about them?
- Are there any website designs that you dislike? If so, what do you dislike about them?
- What 2 or 3 colors would you like incorporated into your design? Be as specific as possible. If you have actual 6-digit web or Pantone numbers, that is even better.
- Anything else we should know before creating your design?